Your goals for marketing may not be top of mind as the year winds down, but it’s important to review them and plan for next year.
It’s nearing the end of the year, and that means it’s time for celebration and excitement for what the new year brings! While it is exciting to look forward to your plans in 2024, it’s important not to forget to evaluate the goals for marketing that you set for 2023. Once these are understood, you can set new goals for next year.
Did I meet my goals for marketing this year?
Analyzing your data may not be the most exciting part of a digital marketing strategy, but it is crucial. Reflecting on results is the only way to understand what worked and what didn’t work. So take time to understand your data and assess how your results stack up to your goals. Here are a few questions you may want to consider when examining your data from this year.
- Are there any patterns present when examining the data over time?
- Are there any points of interest within the data like highest high or lowest low?
- When did we introduce something new to our audience? Can we see that impact in the data?
- Can we use this data to set a benchmark for next year?
- Did we meet or exceed our goals for marketing this year? If not, what can we learn from this data?
What are my goals for marketing next year?
Once we thoroughly understand our data from the previous year, then we can work on establishing clear goals for marketing for the coming year. Not all goals are created equally, it’s important to understand how to set strong goals for marketing. A good way to do this is to use the S.M.A.R.T. goal framework. This means making your goals specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-sensitive. Here are a few examples of goals for next year:
- Our goal is to convert 20% of all leads received during 2024.
- Our goal is to generate 50 leads within the current market each month of 2024.
- Our goal is to gain 40 new followers on Instagram within the next 6 months.
Goals help us operate on a higher level
Establishing strong goals for marketing is a very powerful foundation for your marketing strategy. Goals give you something to strive for with your marketing effort, and they create something to celebrate or learn from at the end of the year.
If you need help tackling the best way to move forward with your digital marketing in 2024, call on the Fly Pages team. We would love to help you and your business start strong in the new year.
Written by Antonio Jaquez. Graphic by Kenzie Akins.