Summer is coming to an end. Autumn brings forth cooler weather, an abundance of professional and personal events and holiday jingles slowly making their way into marketing materials.
Yes, Christmas will start inching its way into the market before Halloween candy goes on sale. Staying a step ahead in marketing is the name of the game. How should you and your business start mentally preparing for the holidays to come?
Don’t panic that the holiday season is near. Use these 5 tips to increase your productivity now and for the rest of the year!
- Stick to or create your morning routine. Morning routines give a sense of purpose and familiarity before you start your day. They can be a short 10 minutes to a longer 30 minutes to get yourself in the right headspace. Here is an example of my morning routine: Wake up at 6:30 AM, stretch, brew a cup of coffee, read a few pages of my latest book and begin my day.
- When things get busy, take a second to breathe. Holiday campaigns and tight deadlines call for a flurry of activity. If you feel yourself getting lost in the proposals, campaigns, and creativity, take a second to breathe the stresses away.
- Keep up the Team Chemistry. When the goings get rough, reach out to your team for support. Keep the team chemistry going by hosting an offsite work event on a Friday evening or host a snack potluck for the next late night in the office.
- Mark to-dos in your online calendar. Whether you have a Microsoft or Google calendar, use it to set your to-dos for the busy season. Make sure to turn on your push notifications each morning so you can see your big tasks coming up for the day.
- If you sit down all day, make sure you MOVE. Take a work walk break, run in the morning or after work, play with your dog, stretch…just do something to keep your body in motion. Plus, movement gives you endorphins, which makes you happier and focused!