This time of year, companies use a blend of looking back to see what worked and looking forward to see how they can grow. We’ve compiled a list of the best digital marketing strategies to help put you in a great position at the end of 2021 to reach your loftiest goals in 2022.
Social Media Marketing
Organic posts are great for promoting your latest products, promoting online and brick-and-mortar events, bringing in job applications, and driving people to your website.
Boosted/Promoted posts are ideal for getting additional exposure to the content you’re creating and publishing. The bottom line is you have to pay to play. Even if it’s just a few dollars per post, paying for guaranteed performance is the only way to keep from being at the whim of the algorithm and what it deems “newsworthy.”
While we could create an entire blog series about the pros and cons of each individual social media platform in digital marketing, here are a few simple takeaways on the most commonly used social channels that businesses incorporate into their content calendar.
- Facebook: Facebook works for just about any business. Its paid ads can be optimized to create quick growth, and keeping an active account allows you to connect with your followers on a personal level.
- Instagram: Instagram is great if your target audience skews younger and does most of their shopping via mobile. Their “Checkout” feature makes it fully set up for eCommerce. Post your product images, and your clients can purchase right from their Insta account.
- Twitter: Twitter is a powerful tool when it comes to building brand awareness and connecting directly with other customers – as well as influencers and other businesses – in a timely and immediate way.
- LinkedIn: LinkedIn is useful for building brand awareness and expanding your professional network.
- TikTok: Tap into your brand’s fun and creative side with short, bite-sized videos that will catch the wave of the hottest trends of the moment. And with more than 500 million active monthly users, your target audience expands exponentially. The key is to be authentic and be yourself – it’s the best way to build trust in your brand.
- YouTube: Video content is becoming more and more popular, and that trend is only going to continue. Any business can create useful videos, from how-tos to unboxing to product demos…the sky really is the limit. And you don’t need a blockbuster budget. Most smartphones are more than capable of recording high-quality videos. Just remember to optimize your titles and descriptions for YouTube SEO.
Speaking of SEO, most businesses have at least a vague understanding that being found in search engine results is an important piece of any good digital marketing strategy. But what they may not know are all of the avenues that you need to optimize. SEO is on more than just google. People are now looking to make sure they are found on sites like YouTube (like we mentioned above), on in-home voice devices like Alexa and Google Play, in-app stores, on social platforms, and even in various mapping platforms like Google Maps, Apple apps, and Waze. (We know it can be confusing, which is why we have a team of SEO experts to help you out!)
Your website is so much more than just a digital marketing brochure. It’s also an online store, a hub for information and videos, a portfolio and case study platform, a scheduler, and a collection tool for crucial lead generation.
And let’s not forget the importance of your website’s tracking tools for re-marketing. Collect data on people visiting your website from social media so you can target them in future advertising.
Email is often an overlooked and underutilized digital marketing strategy. We’ve written an in-depth best practices article on email marketing and its benefits, but here are a few key highlights to pay attention to.
- If you don’t have a robust email list, use your other marketing efforts to build it. Encouraging free downloads on the website, benefits to signing up for your newsletter, or even hosting in-person and online events are great ways to build your list.
- Emails are perfect for promoting product purchases, events, sales and whatever else you need to promote. Bonus: you can track your results easily in platforms like Constant Contact or Mailchimp so you can make sure you are delivering the best content for your audience and getting the best open and click-thru rates.
To really drive brand awareness, sales, product downloads, etc., a digital advertising strategy is the cornerstone of your marketing efforts. Comprehensive digital campaigns, when created by an experienced professional, can help you maximize your advertising dollar so you get the best results.
A/B testing different types of digital ads for different types of audiences and campaign goals is also critical to get the most bang for your buck. Google Ads, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, YouTube ads, Twitter ads (and all the other ads) all have their own unique place in your marketing strategy.
If you’re unsure where to start with your digital marketing strategy, the experts at Fly Pages have you covered. Our capes are on and we’re ready to save the day – and the year! Reach out for a free 30-minute consultation and let’s set you up for success in the new year!