The confetti has fallen on another new year! As we welcome 2019 and all of its new opportunities, it is also a great time to reflect on what you can do as the calendar starts over. As a digital marketing company, we know that the digital world changes more times in 365 days can we can count. Start this week back by evaluating what your digital marketing resolutions are. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1) Analyze digital marketing trends. Hearing news that more people are using Pinterest? Or, maybe that more people respond better to types of email marketing? Start out by following digital news sites such as Social Media Today, AdWeek, TechCrunch and Digital Trends. Then, take note of important digital marketing trends they mention and share them with your marketing team.
2) Who is your audience and what do they like? Your audience is the driving force of your business. Think about who they are, what they do and what they have liked in the past. If you aren’t sure about who your audience is, start out by researching what area you target, who likes your social media posts or visits your website and who opens your e-blasts. Details such as these will help you solidify the audience to focus on in the new year.
3) What is your company voice in the digital world? Think of your business as a person. If they were standing right in front of you, how would they talk? Maybe that person is a knowledgeable computer guru who knows everything there is to know about coding. Or, maybe they are a funny, outgoing shopaholic who just loves new clothing trends. Whatever your brand’s voice is, mirror it on your social media and your other digital outlets.
4) Think ahead and plan your social posts. Does your business just post at random or sometimes forget to post? Set time aside each month to plan next month’s social media. It can be as simple as mapping out which days to post or as complex as prewriting all your posts and scheduling them within Facebook. This also gives you a great opportunity to reflect on what did well the month before so you can implement it for the next months to come.
5) Try something new. Never used hashtags? Hesitating to try Instagram story? Or, don’t even have a website for your growing business? Now is the time to experiment and try new strategies. Set digital marketing goals for the year and see how many you accomplish!
Now that you have some ideas…start creating your resolutions and get ready to make 2019 a great year in digital marketing!